Benefits of Living in Colorado
Expert Career Guidance in Denver, Colorado
Colorado is the Greatest State to Live In
Colorado’s excellent quality of life helps attract people from all over the world.
Did you know that many of the “Top Ranked Places to Live” in the U.S. are consistently found in the Denver Metro area? Boulder, Louisville, Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Fort Collins … these are communities in the surrounding area that are statistically ranked as the most desirable places to raise a family, work, and simply enjoy life. A combination of stunning scenery, recreational opportunities, moderate climate, world-class arts and culture, safe streets, and excellent health care and schools make Colorado an ideal place to call home.
Living in Colorado
Weather doesn’t get much better than in Colorado. With more than 300 sunny days a year, it is not uncommon for residents to ski in the morning and play a round of golf in the afternoon – almost any time of year!
Colorado’s climate is invigorating, with drastic elevation changes making for snowy winters in the mountains and dry conditions in lower elevations. Our low-humidity summers with warm days and comfortable nights make Colorado a pleasant place to call home; and if it does get a bit too warm, you can head up to the mountains where it is nearly always cool.
Colorado has abundant artistic and cultural resources with broad public and private support. The state is a national leader in funding for the arts, which are greatly supported by the private and non-profit sectors. Top-notch museums like the Denver Art Museum, Clyfford Still Museum, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center and the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver give the state plenty of visual-arts cred. The sprawling Denver Performing Arts Complex is the second-largest arts campus of its kind in the nation, and it’s home to the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, Opera Colorado, Denver Center Theater Company and the Colorado Ballet — the region’s largest and most impressive resident performing arts organizations.
Colorado Creative Industries is a division of OEDIT and includes the Office of Film, Television & Media, Art in Public Places and Creative Industries. The division helps Colorado’s “Creative Economy” thrive by supporting and expanding the creative industries to drive Colorado’s economy, grow jobs and enhance our quality of life.
When evaluating a potential location for you and your employees, it’s important to not only look at the quality of life, school system, transportation system and recreational opportunities a state provides but to also look at a state’s overall healthfulness.
Colorado offers a very healthy environment, leading to an increase in the overall health and wellness of residents. Coloradans are always ranked among the highest in several health rankings because of their overall healthful habits.
- Colorado residents have the second highest well-being in the nation (Gallup, 2013)
- Colorado’s working-age adults are healthier than their counterparts in most other states, according to the Colorado Health Report Card
- The state has the second-lowest prevalence of hypertension and the third-lowest prevalence of diabetes
- Colorado’s adults are more likely to exercise than adults in all but four other states
- Colorado has the lowest rate of adult obesity in the country
Colorado’s climate and the splendor of both the mountains and the wide-open plains give the state’s recreational character an extraordinary sense of diversity.
- Ten national parks provide an incredible variety of outdoor recreational opportunities and receive almost 5.5 million annual visitors.
- Colorado’s 42 state parks and numerous outdoor recreation areas provide opportunities for boating, hiking, camping, swimming, snowmobiling, bird watching, picnicking, fishing, hunting and biking.
- Colorado is the country’s most popular ski destination, with 26 world class ski resorts.
- Colorado boasts more than 35 winter recreation areas that offer snowshoeing, snowmobiling, snowcat tours, sleigh rides, ice skating, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, and more.
Seven professional sports teams provide great year-round entertainment: Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth – Lacrosse (NLL), Colorado Rapid (MLS), Colorado Rockies (MLB), Denver Broncos (NFL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), Denver Outlaws – Lacrosse (MLL)
Colorado is packed full of things to do year-round. From family attractions, national parks and outdoor adventure to cosmopolitan cities and welcoming towns, Colorado is a perfect destination.